December 30, 2010

2010 out. 2011 in

I have to wonder what this new year will bring. 2010 was a year of lots of change for me, and as someone who doens't really handle change well, I think the fact that I am still here, alive and kicking shows how much I have grown since my youth.

I like to look back at what I've learned, or significant changes that have happened, and see how I have grown, or ways to handle things differently when this situation comes again.

I have learned that money isn't everything. Shocking, I know! But I moved to a job that paid more and all I got from it was tired, frustrated, and angry. I then moved to a job that paid less, but am way happier. I know it won't always be the case like this, but I do know that taking a job just for the money isn't a reason to take a job. If it's your dream job and you get more dinero from it, consider yourself very very lucky.  Otherwise, stick to doing what you love.

I learned that I can be super organized when I need to.

I learned that my "pessimistic view" can limit me in situations, but sadly I am also sometimes right about that view of things. I am going to try to be more optimistic, though I will be honest, after years of negative thinking, this might be the hardest resolution of all.

I have learned that planning a wedding is stressful, and I, the person who always wanted one, always wanted to get married is also a person who sees a lot of the extra's as being un-necessary. ANd I learned that at the end of it all, all I want is to be married to the man I love.

I learned that R is right about 95% of the time. I should just suck it up and listen to him, as I am sure that would end a lot of the arguments.

What has this year taught you? Are you making resolutions and changes?

No comments: