August 22, 2010

Sick or not sick

I know it's going to sound like R and I are spoiled or rich, and we are neither.  However, occasionally we do have some cleaners come to our house to help us clean it. It's one of the perks of having connections in the property management industry, and they do a good job. I highly recommend help if you are like us, which is neither spoiled or rich, but rather incredibly lazy!

But before they come, I always pick up a little.  Mostly it's to make the areas I want them to clean accessible, but also I don't want them do judge me or my house. I know, I know, I've got to get over that, but it's how I am and I just have to deal with it.

Anyway, they were scheduled to come on Thursday so Wednesday night we were doing the obligatory pick and straighten everything up. Being that we have 3 animals in the house, there is a lot of cat/dog hair if we do not vacuum on a regular basis, so I was doing that. And I had a sneezing fit, where seriously, I thought I was going to die.  Die, I tell you!  I knew then I was going to be sick.

Sure enough, I woke up on Thursday with a sore throat, a horribly stuffy nose, and was exhausted.  Allergies or a cold,  I couldn't tell. Knowing I had to start my new job Friday, I dosed myself with as much Vitamin C, Airborne, Emergen-C, water, Dayquil and Zicam as I could stand.  I literally drank over 100 oz of water on Thursday alone.  And had tea, honey, lemon...practically every possible thing you could think of to keep oneself from getting sick. I even added some raw garlic in my tea just in case it really has healing powers like they say.

But when I woke up on Saturday, the stuff nose and congestion were gone!!

So I would like to thank Emergen-C, Zicam, Airborne and Dayquil for getting me through it, and making my Saturday and Sunday much more pleasant. I am still chugging water like a fish, but that's probably better for me anyway.

Oh, and the cleaners, they did a fabulous job, and our house is in great shape!

No comments: