September 19, 2009

Update for September

There's been a lot going on this month. I haven't updated as much as I would like, partly because I forget to blog and partly because I am never really sure what it is I want to post online.
But we did some stuff this month, and I'm excited about it, so here goes.

The best: Ceiling fans!!! I know, some people might think "What's the big deal about a ceiling fan?" but the answer would be 1) makes our upstairs cooler and 2) means we now have lights upstairs, and that makes me very happy.
We also decided on a new couch and another bed for the office area, which will become our second guestroom. They are from Ikea, but are not featured online, which bums me out or I would put a picture online for you all to see!!

The bed is a trundle type bed, so we can have it like a couch when we don't have guest, but it will fold out like a futon to be a full bed. This will go upstairs most likely, in what I hope to make a yoga space.
I also will be looking for the perfect place to be hanging my pictures, since we have nothing on the walls.
I am going to be painting the upstairs bath and office sooner rather than later, and that's exciting, because I will be picking out colors! and maybe the downstairs bath too.
R and I have been really busy with friends/meeting our neighbors (see a previous post) but that's been good. We bought a full 12 piece place setting (thank you HomeGoods) and now I'm even *more* excited about having people over. We have had 3 dinner get-togethers this month, and am having more in October, and then...Thanksgiving in November!! I am very excited about that. I hope to make the house presentable and fully functional (read: room for all the guests and clean) by then.
Next weekend is K's wedding, and I am super excited about it. And then suddenly it's October! Whew!

No comments: