May 22, 2009

Wisp Review

So about a month ago I was in CVS and saw this product called wisp. It's by Colgate and it's four individually packaged mini toothbrushes. They are pre-filled with a little toothpaste (spearmint, cinnamint or peppermint) and have handy toothpick things on the other end. Basically it's so you can brush/freshen up at any time, without the hassle of carrying around a full sized toothbrush.

I used it just a moment ago, when I had finished my coffee, and needed to freshen up. I opened the product, and was pleasantly surprised to find that each brush is individually sealed in aluminum foil for protection. Opened the foil pouch, and pulled out the brush. Wet it, and started brushing. From there I was a little disappointed. The bristles were more like hard plastic, not the soft bristles I have on my toothbrush at home. they didn't exactly feel like they were wisping on my teeth; more like they were scrubbing away.

The handle was short, so to reach the back teeth, I had to either barely hold on to the handle, or almost put my hand in my mouth, and the "burst" of toothpaste didn't exactly invigorate my mouth. I might have liked 2 "bursts" on my brush. But when I was done, my mouth didn't have a coffee smell, my teeth felt clean, and I must admit, it was handy.

Would I use it again? Yes, in a pinch.
Would I recommend it to others? Yes, with reservations.

Out of 5 stars, I'd give it a 2.5.
Handy? Yes.
Convenient? Yes.
Better than keeping a brush and toothpaste on hand at work? Not really.
Better than keeping a brush and toothpaste in your bag? Yes.
Worth the price? If it were about $2 I'd say yes, but I seem to remember it being more like $3.99. so No.
Did it live up to my expectations? Sort of...

No comments: