March 18, 2009

Germany ROCKS

So in true form, I have forgotten about blogging about my trip to Germany, mostly since my body is still unsure of what time it is and I've been at work since I got back. But let me just say, Germany was awesome.

We left here at like, 7:30 on Sunday and drove to CLT. Long drive, complete with the requisite argument R and I always have on long car trips. I don't know why we do, but we always have a fight. Couple that with a looooong traffic jam, and we got to CLT later than expected. Whatever, we just had to go to bed, so it wasn't that bad. Got to where we were staying and about an hour later I was passed out! Soo sleepy.

Woke up the next am, and went to the airport. Got thru security no problem and settled in to wait. After a very quick fligth to ATL we waited longer and finally got on the plane to Munich. I had taken a Dramamine, so I was able to sleep practically the whole way. R, not so much. Landed in Munich, got our bags, found the train and 45 minutes later found ourselves at the Hauptbahnhof station, looking for where the hotel was. Found it easily, and I was thrilled that it was sucha good location. YAY DK Top 10 Munich! Great book, and very good recommendations. On a side note, I think those books are great if you don't have a lot of time to explore the city, and still want to make sure you can see all the cool stuff.

We were staying at Hotel Eder, which was a moderatly priced hotel with breakfast included. Good hotel, yummy breakfast, no elevator. that was the only downside. We were able to leave our bags there and go out to the city for a while before we could actually get into our rooms. We headed down to the Karlsplatz gate and Marienplatz to see what we could see.

No comments: